Property Types: Affordable housing (see below), market-rate apartments and urban mixed-use and retail properties.
Affordable Housing Locations: Anywhere in the United States.
Market-rate Apartments, Mixed-Use and Retail Locations: New York Metro Area, Boston, Washington D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Charlotte, Tampa and Miami
Asset Age: Flexible. We pursue newer properties as well as renovation and repositioning opportunities.
Typical Deal Size: $3 million to $30 million for multi-family and mixed-use properties. We will pursue smaller deal sizes for single-tenant retail properties in large urban centers.
Affordable Housing Transactions
We are actively seeking to preserve affordable housing by way of acquisition and rehabilitation of family and senior properties with the following characteristics:
- Section 8 properties with project-based HAP contracts
- Section 236-financed properties
- Acquisition and rehab financing using housing credit agency debt, FHA-insured loans, tax-exempt bonds, tax credits and IRP decouplings
- Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low income restrictions
- Properties being restructured or already restructured with the Office of Affordable Housing Preservation (OAHP), formerly OMHAR.