The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor oversees and works in all areas of apartment maintenance and is accountable for delivering well maintained units, common areas, building exteriors, grounds and timely repair of service requests.
South Bend, IN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage vendors, ordering and inventory. Obtain bids from vendors for routine work, coordinate work of vendors, order materials and prioritize the maintenance needs of the property.
- Obtain completive pricing and ensure high quality materials and services are provided.
- Perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance
- Prepares all market-ready apartments, which may include painting, drywall, carpentry, carpet cleaning/repair, general repairs, and housekeeping.
- Able to maintain and repair routine items including and not limited to plumbing, air conditioning, heating, general carpentry, appliance, electrical, painting and drywall efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Provide superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when communicating with residents, coworkers, and the general public.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Completes resident service request in a timely manner.
- Maintain an EPA certification and be able to repair and service residential HVAC systems.
- Maintains grounds, common areas, and building exteriors to keep them clean, free of trash, debris, and other safety issues to ensure excellent curb appeal.
- Performs on-call emergency work as required.
- Identifies maintenance issues that need repair, may be a safety hazard and is able to make necessary repairs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Requirements and Skills
- Able to perform each of the above essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions.
- Ability to analyze problems and ability to understand and deal with them efficiently.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and efficient. Able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Under general direction the ability to plan and arrange work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
- Proficient in effectively planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, work on feet for 8 hours a day performing moderate physical tasks.
- Able to work Monday through Friday with shared evening and weekend emergency on-call responsibility.
- Must have 5+ years of apartment maintenance experience or related trade.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
- EPA certification and HVAC service training and experience preferred
- Must own and be able to use basic tools required for the job.
- Section 8 apartment maintenance experience a plus
- College degree, industry training/ courses, OSHA training, EPA certification a plus.
- Competitive salary based on experience, employer-provided health and vision insurance (no employee contribution), paid vacation and monthly bonus based on occupancy.
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org