The Maintenance Technician works in all areas of apartment maintenance and is accountable for delivering well maintained units and timely repairs to our residents.
- Prepares all market-ready apartments, which may include painting, drywall, carpentry, carpet leaning/repair, general repairs, and housekeeping.
- Completes resident service request in a timely manner.
- Able to maintain and repair routine items including and not limited to plumbing, air conditioning, heating, general carpentry skills, appliance, electrical, painting, drywall, snow removal, scheduling, ordering and troubleshooting.
- Maintains grounds, common areas, and building exteriors to keep them clean, free of trash, debris, and other safety issues to ensure excellent curb appeal.
- Performs on-call emergency work as required.
- Identifies maintenance issues that need repair, may be a safety hazard, vacant repairs, property damages, and common-area and works with manager and supervisor to make repairs.
- Maintain effective preventative maintenance program.
- Provide superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when communicating with residents, coworkers, and the general public.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Monitor inventory of parts and supplies at appropriate levels.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Property Manager or other supervisors in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions.
- Ability to analyze problems and ability to understand and deal with them efficiently.
- Under general direction the ability to plan and arrange work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
- Proficient in effectively planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; also assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, work on feet for 8 hours a day performing moderate physical tasks.
- Must have basic tools (assorted screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets /bits, wire strippers, wire cutters, levels, tape measure, hammer, cordless drill, chisels, hole saws, etc.)
- Must have at least 2 years of apartment maintenance experience. Section 8 experience a plus.
- Should have the training, experience and certifications to work on and service HVAC equipment.
Compensation includes employer-provided health insurance (no employee contribution), paid vacation and monthly bonus based on occupancy.
Please apply online: www.accessgrouphousing.com/careers
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org